[Gmsh] RE Error in caption value

paul.carrico at free.fr paul.carrico at free.fr
Tue Jul 18 17:25:17 CEST 2017

First of all thanks for the answer:

 a) "there are none defined in the submitted .msh file"

In my understanding :

1rst column : number

2nd col : type (17 for 2nd order hex)

3rd col : number opf tags before node list

4th col : physical number (1 here)

5th col : elementary number i.e. the geometry number from the element
belongs (pure post-processing here if I'm right -> put to 0)

1 17 2 1 0 81 103 900 883 83 105 902 885 92 532 82 549 104 894 901 884
94 534 551 895

b) "i would say in the .mesh.opt file something is probably wrong in the
definition of the component" ... I agree I know I'm doing something
wrong, but I've not found the issue yet :-)

c) "then comes another question why writing the results like this and
not in a regular .pos file" --> .pos is a legacy format, not the latest
one ... One of the next target is to use .med format if possible (I
tried ounce to export data but I've had only mesh)

Paul