[Gmsh] [Newbie] 3D mesh from multiple planar surfaces.

Alan Clark alanrobertclark at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 05:01:27 CEST 2017

Dear All.

OK, we have now moved away from simple cubes, and attempting to model
a physical structure.

There are two problems.

One is that the unit Normal of each surface on the pond bottom cannot
be determined (obvious, since it is ambiguous). Mailing list archives
mention this, but I have found no solution.

The second is that (possibly as a result) gmsh will not generate a 3D
mesh. gmsh in fact segfaults. (2.15.0, debian 9.1 (Stretch))

Once again, I will appreciate some hand-holding. Yes, this is a
``toy'' project, I am trying to get to grips with gmsh, in order to
use getDP for ``proper'' electromagnetic geometries :-)

Alan.
--
Alan Robert Clark, Pr.Eng     Computational Electromagnetics
Associate Professor                 Wits University
Fax (+27 11)403-1929            AlanRobertClark at gmail.com
Tel (+27 11)717-7223(24hr)  <http://YingTongDiddleiPo.ee.wits.ac.za/>
          **Linux ---the choice of a GNU generation.**