[Gmsh] surface normal warning from extrusion of stl file

Ju Liu liujuy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 07:52:45 CEST 2017

Hi Gmsh team:

I am trying to generate a mesh by extruding a stl surface file. I always
get a warning message saying "Warning : Could not orient normal of surface
201". I checked the generated surface mesh for surface 201 for example. I
can see that the element surfaces are not on the same plane surface.

I have tried to keep the input stl clean in the sense that the boundary
loops are on the same plane surface. However, I still get the same warning.
I put the .geo, .stl, and error log info in the folder here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4ugzuf2vzdxz95x/AAAqxtD1eTs_4hH39Vl4J6tna?dl=0

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks a pile!

Ju