[Gmsh] asking for help and counseling problems about Gmesh Solver

会拐角的光 577373764 at qq.com
Wed Sep 20 14:57:06 CEST 2017

Dear Gmesh and ONELAB Group,

My name is Yongfu Liu, I am a graduate student of University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (UESTC, China), and I am writing to asking for some help and counseling problems about Gmesh Solver. Recently, I started to use Gmesh to carry out my research work, I just compiled a executable file with MATLAB, and when I used  the Solver module of Gmesh to call and execute it, some errors happened. The MATLAB executable file was launched twice, and the message windows displayed the error information twice, which was "Error   : Abnormal server termination (Socket listening timeout on socket 127.0.0.1:0)". Just like this:
  1  change executable location of Solver module

 2 call MATLAB .exe file
 3 errors happen

I read the Gmesh reference manual and browse the website of Gmesh and ONELAB, and find that Gmsh implements a ONELAB server to drive external solvers, whcih needs to use c++ or python to compile external solver and executable file. So my question is:
    1) what is wrong with my MATLAB executable file or the operation process? Is there any way to solve it?
    2) Does Gmesh only support the ONELAB server to drive and integrate external solvers and executable file?  Is there another way?
I sincerely hope you can give me some guide and help and I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Yongfu.