[Gmsh] 2D Meshing using API. SPoint2 or SPoint3

phillip mobley phillipmobley2 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 18:54:45 CEST 2017

Hello Christophe,

thank you for taking the time to send a response.

My suspicion was correct then. As much as I would like to use GMSH as a
library, I am not so sure it is the best idea for a user experience. I am
creating this project as open source and I would like anyone to be able to
compile and install the program with ease. I am not sure the skill level of
the users who will use my program. For all I know, they could exclusively
be familiar with GUI based simulators. Additional libraries to compile
could be challenging to them.

With that in mind, I do not think that using GMSH as a library is the
better option. Including the sources in with the main program though would
be better.

Could you explain a little bit by what you mean that the " API will not
expose any of the internal C++ classes that the algorithms use"? I am
confused by this statement. The source would need to expose all of the
classes that the program/algorithm uses or how would someone be able to
compile the source?

I don't need to add in everything since I am dealing with only 2D meshes.
Specifically quads. I am commenting out the functionality for the 3D meshes
and ignoring those cases. For example, in some functions there are
case-switch statements that are deal with 3D meshes. I am commenting those
out as I do not need them.

Once I get something built and working, I would step through the code line
by line in order to further refine what I don't need.

I do hope though that the documentation of the source will come sooner
rather then later.