[Gmsh] Surfaces from Volumes created with OpenCASCADE

Ruth Vazquez Sabariego ruth.sabariego at kuleuven.be
Tue Oct 17 17:20:37 CEST 2017

Hi,
You may use the function Boundary:

Boundary { transform-list }
(Not a transformation per-se.) Returns the entities on the boundary of the elementary entities in transform-list, with signs indicating their orientation in the boundary. To get unsigned tags (e.g. to reuse the output in other commands), apply the Abs function on the returned list.

For instance:
vol_air=newv; Box(vol_air) = {0, 0,  0, 1, 1, 1};
bnd_air() = Boundary{Volume{vol_air};};

bnd_air() contains the list of surfaces you are looking for.

Regards,
Ruth

—
Prof. Ruth V. Sabariego
KU Leuven
Dept. Electrical Engineering ESAT/Electa, EnergyVille
http://www.esat.kuleuven.be/electa
http://www.energyville.be