[Gmsh] Status of Face BC for CGNS exportation

Koen Hillewaert koen.hillewaert at cenaero.be
Tue Oct 17 21:31:12 CEST 2017

Hi Bruno,

For unstructured meshes, the current version has been extended to read
high order cgns meshes and to reconstruct topological
information (cad classification, periodicity). The block-structured
meshes can also be read, and even be converted
to high order by coarsening.

I am currently working on a proposal for the generalisation of the high
order cgns format and the cad classification within
cgns, so I did not yet extend the export routines.

Best,

Koen

On 10/17/2017 07:53 PM, Christophe Geuzaine wrote:

>> On 16 Oct 2017, at 14:22, Bruno Blais <blais.bruno at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Everyone,
>>

>> I have found the following message dated from 2009 regarding the implementation of Face boundary conditions (instead of vertex) for export in the CGNS mesh format. I was wondering if there were any planned updates in increasing the support for CGNS format? Some interesting open source software (like SU2, even though the SU2 format is supported by gmsh) use the CGNS file format and it is quite a portable / interesting /compact mesh format from our experience. Best regards.
>>
> Koen Hillewaert (in CC) has been hard at work rewriting/improving CGNS support in Gmsh; you can follow his work by cloning the "cgnsUnstructured" branch in our git repo. He is probably the right person to answer your question...
>
> Christophe
>

>> Quoting Daniele <eltanin80 at gmail.com
>>> :
>>   When I save in cgns format, i cannot select "Face" in Write dummy BC, but
>>
>>   only Vertex. Why? Thanks for your help
>>
>> Simply because the code for face-based connectivity and BC is not
>> finished.  It is on a to-do list though.
>>
>> Stephen

Koen Hillewaert
Fluid Dynamics Technology Leader

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Koen_Hillewaert

Cenaero
Your R&T partner in modeling and numerical simulation

Tel: + 32 (0)71  910 942
Fax: + 32 (0)71  910 931
Mob: + 32 (0)495 385 030
Skype: koen.hillewaert.cenaero