[Gmsh] Saving only compound mesh with physical edge tags.

Bauta Steen steen.bauta at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 06:05:59 CET 2017

Dear Gmsh,

Maybe this is an easy thing I've overlooked. But I am trying understand,
mesh, and save and export a compound (reparamerized) mesh. I have made a
small test example re-meshing a 2D triangle with one troublesome point
(number 2).

The meshing seems to work fine, as Gmsh meshes and displays the compound
surface but when I save the mesh I only seem to get the first grid
belonging to plane surface 1. Is it possible to only save the mesh for the
compound surface 2 with corresponding edge elements (with physical tags)?

The corresponding .geo data is attached here below (I'm running the Gmsh
3.0.5 Windows 10 build):

Point (1) = {0,0,0,0.5};
Point (2) = {0.95,0,0,0.5};
Point (3) = {1,0,0,0.5};