[Gmsh] GMSH and MED compilation in Linux-like environment in Windows

jean-pierre ducreux themis.r25 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 15:19:27 CET 2018

Hi,

I've found in a previous mail from Pierre Julliard (September 2015) almost the
question I'm facing today. I quote :

"I have heard that windows version of GMSH is compiled in Cygwin.
If that is true, and knowing that GMSH is interfaced with MED library
to read MED files, I would like to know how MED library is obtained to
compile GMSH in Cygwin?

I guess MED sources are compiled first in a Cygwin environement.
As I am actually trying to do so without success, I would like to know
if MED sources have to be modified?

If so, please, could someone indicate me where I could find the
modified MED sources to be able to compile it in a Cygwin environment?

..."

Christophe answered :
"
The official Gmsh version for Windows is compiled with the MinGW compiler
toolchain (gcc 4.5.3), using a Cygwin shell. I don't quite remember what I had
to modify in MED to make it compile... I've put the full archive of the sources
I used here: http://geuz.org/gmsh/beta/med-3.0.6_gmsh_win64.tgz"

Unfortunately the link is broken.

I will use MSYS2 environment with mingw insted of cygwin. I guess that
compilation
options will be fairly the same. Any help to obtain MED library with mingw will
be greatly appreciated.

I thank you in advance for your help.
Best regards,

Jean - Pierre