[Gmsh] ellipsoid

G. D. McBain gdmcbain at protonmail.com
Tue Feb 27 05:19:13 CET 2018

-------- Original Message --------
 On 27 February 2018 3:45 AM, Stephan Köhler <koehlste at unixmail.tu-freiberg.de> wrote:

> I try to build a mesh of an ellipsoid with gmsh 3.0.6, but the surface
> mesh is not so pretty. I've done some research, but i couldn't find a
> solution. So I hope you can help me. Some part of the code is blow (is
> worked with gmsh 2.13.2).

> // line loops
> Line Loop(1) = {16,17,-20};

I found (gmsh --version == 3.0.7) that this script worked O. K. if the senses of the elliptic arcs here were changed:

    Line Loop(1) = {16, -17, 20};

Other options: (1) When I was working with ellipsoids recently, I built them in OpenSCAD using solidpython, exported as STL, and merged that in Gmsh. (2) pygmsh has a add_ellipsoid function that more or less wraps up what's in your snippet.