[Gmsh] filter out elements according to type

andrew armitatz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 08:52:24 CEST 2018

Hi,
thank you for your reply.
I downloaded gmsh-3.0.7- dcaabc7b and I saw in the gmsh.cpp the following
code

GMSH_API void gmsh::model::getType(const int dim,
                                   const int tag,
                                   std::string &type)
{
  if(!_isInitialized()){ throw -1; }
  GEntity *ge = GModel::current()->getEntityByTag(dim, tag);
  if(!ge){
    Msg::Error("%s does not exist", _getEntityName(dim, tag).c_str());
    throw 2;
  }
  type = ge->getTypeString();
}

I tried to use the code to a geo script like

L[]= "*";

tp="";

getType(1,L[0],tp);

but I get errors. How can I use it for getting the type in to the tp
variable? I also tried different syntaxes but I always get errors.

kind regards

andrew