[Gmsh] Strategies to mesh with hexaedra

cristini paul cristini at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Thu May 17 14:42:14 CEST 2018

Dear all,

I am trying to use gmsh to mesh with hexaedra two volumes separated by a
smooth non-flat interface. The entire volume is a cube.

After many tries, I identified a meshing strategy but the results is not
good enough.

Is there a preferred strategy for the choice of a 2D and 3D algorithms
to achieve this objective ?

I faced many crashes depending on the options I chose.

I was able to obtain very good 2D meshes but when trying to get a 3D
mesh the result is not good.

Thank you

Paul

  Paul CRISTINI  Charge de Recherche CNRS (HDR) / CNRS Research Scientist
  CNRS - Laboratoire de Mecanique et d'Acoustique (UMR 7031)
  Bureau 119
  4 Impasse Nikola Tesla, CS 40006, F-13453 Marseille Cedex 13 - France
  mailto: cristini at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
  phone number: +33 (0)4 84 52 42 51
  http://www.lma.cnrs-mrs.fr/