[Gmsh] Problem with periodic boundary condition for a volume extruded using wire

Changwei ZHOU changwei.zhou at ifsttar.fr
Fri Jun 29 13:52:41 CEST 2018

Dear Sir,

I have a problem with periodic boundary condition.

The model concerns a helix obtained by extuding using wire under OpenCASCADE Kernel (because in my final application, I need to use Boolean operation).

Gmsh failed to apply periodic boundary condition with correct affine transform matrix of translation-rotation

Please find attached the helix.geo files with a lot of comments which give a better explanation of my problem.

Thanks for your clarification.

Changwei ZHOU

IFSTTAR Nantes