[Gmsh] Error when switching from Built-In to OpenCascade Factory

Martin.Raedel at dlr.de Martin.Raedel at dlr.de
Sun Jul 8 17:00:30 CEST 2018

Hello,

I just recently tried to switch from the built-in Factory to OpenCascade to use Boolean operations.

However, all of my tests involving more than one surface crash after the switch with the same error:

OpenCascade wire or line loop with tag 2 already exists

The same error occurs for all other surfaces except the first.

I added a simple brick geometry example. In case I comment out "SetFactory("OpenCASCADE"); " everything works fine. If I use the line, the errors occur.

Can someone please point out what causes these errors and how I can fix them?

Best regards
Martin Rädel

Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (DLR)
German Aerospace Center
Institute of Composite Structures and Adaptive Systems | Structural Mechanics | Lilienthalplatz 7 | 38108 Braunschweig | Germany

Dipl.-Ing. Martin Rädel
Telephone +49 (0)531 295-2048 | Telefax +49 (0)531 295-2232 | martin.raedel at dlr.de<mailto:martin.raedel at dlr.de>
www.DLR.de<http://www.dlr.de/>