[Gmsh] matching 2D meshes

Anja Miehe anja.miehe at basf.com
Thu Aug 2 15:59:53 CEST 2018

Hello everyone,
I have a question concerning the generation of matching meshes. I need the stl files of a cylinder with top, bottom and circumference separately named so I use 3 different .geo files as attached (generateSTL is the batch sh file to run all the commands)
What I find strange is, that the "Transfinite Line" command and the "Layers" command in Extrude handle the number parameter differently. Only Layers = n and Transfinite Line = n+1 result in matching meshes.
Is there any reason for it? Thanks in advance

Kind Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Dr.-Ing. Anja Miehe
Digitalization Research Scientist

Phone: +49 621 60-90856, Mobile: +49 1525 4914637, Email: anja.miehe at basf.com
Postal Address: BASF SE, ROM/CC - L540-117, Carl-Bosch-Strasse 38, 67056 Ludwigshafen am Rhein, Germany
[cid:image001.png at 01D42A78.8E4D74F0]
BASF SE, Registered Office: 67056 Ludwigshafen, Germany
Registration Court: Amtsgericht Ludwigshafen, Registration No.: HRB 6000
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Juergen Hambrecht
Board of Executive Directors:
Martin Brudermueller, Chairman; Hans-Ulrich Engel, Vice Chairman;
Saori Dubourg, Sanjeev Gandhi, Michael Heinz, Markus Kamieth, Wayne T. Smith