[Gmsh] Tensor display only one eigenvector ?

Jean de sauvage jean.desauvage at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 16:13:11 CEST 2018

Hello,

I got results in the file 'test.pos' hereby enclosed. It gives in Scalar
Fields the values SXX, SYY, SZZ, SXY, SXZ and SZY. I would like to
visualize the tensor ((SXX,SXY,SXZ),(SXY,SYY,SYZ),(SXZ,SZY,SZZ)).

I use the plugin Scal2Tens (file 'test.pos.opt' hereby enclosed) to create
such a tensor. My first question is : Is my use of the plugin good ?

Then I try to visualize it in GMSH. With 'VON MISES' I get a result but I
cannot plot 'Maximum Eigen Values'. When I try to plot 'Eigen Values', I
get only one vector ! I cannot plot any ellipsoid either.

So has anyone any hint about my problem ?

Best regards, Jean

--
________

Jean de Sauvage
Ingénieur des Ponts, des Eaux et des Forêts
Chercheur à l'IFSTTAR <http://www.ifsttar.fr/accueil/>
22 rue Sibuet, 75012, FRANCE
06 51 25 16 94