[Gmsh] build conformal mesh from STEP file using only the GUI

Zenker, Dr. Matthias Matthias.Zenker at erbe-med.com
Tue Sep 25 11:26:45 CEST 2018

Hi,

I have a simple question and apologize if this has been answered before - I didn't find the answer in the archive or the gmsh manual.

I want to do the following using the gmsh GUI:

1.       Import a STEP file containing several bodies

2.       remove duplicate entities, i.e. the duplicated interface(s) between the bodies

3.       make a conformal 3D mesh, i.e. adjacent bodies should be connected so that heat can flow between them.

This can be achieved with commands in a geo file, invoking the OpenCASCADE toolbox and the coherence command.
Can it also be done using only the GUI? More specifically, how do I invoke the OpenCASCADE toolbox from the GUI?

Thanks for helpful hints.

Matthias

Erbe Elektromedizin GmbH Firmensitz: 72072 Tuebingen Geschaeftsfuehrer: Christian O. Erbe, Reiner Thede Registergericht: Stuttgart HRB 380137