[Gmsh] Questions about removing duplicate STL

Vahid Tari vahidtari at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 22:12:41 CEST 2018

Hello All,

I had several emails back and forth with Benjamin to solve my problem, and
I really appreciate his kindness and help.

Since he is out of his office, I send my question to all , and would be
grateful if you help me!

As Benjamin suggested, to remove duplicate triangles in my stl file
(attached file), I need to save it in .msh file and by using Mesh2Geo
convert it to .geo..

in the next step, by using GeFICOT, I can remove the duplicate triangles.
Unfortunately, it did not work for me.. I attach files, write the commands
and steps that I followed in the following:

1- Merge .stl files > 2Grains.stl, Gmsh warns of duplicate triangles in
this file

2- Save 2Grains.stl > 2Grains.msh in Gmsh

3- using MeshtoGeo to convert 2Grains.msh>2Grains.geo by this command
"MeshToGeo.bat
2Grains.msh 2Grains.geo"

4- using Geficot to remove the duplicate triangles 2Grains.geo >
2Grains01.geo by this "Geficot.bat -d 2Grains.geo 2Grains01.geo"  log file
does  not any changes "debug.log"

I would be grateful if you tell me where I did the mistake?

Regards,
Vahid