[Gmsh] Write individual physical surfaces, preferably from Python API

Herzig Ivo (herziivo) herziivo at students.zhaw.ch
Thu Oct 11 09:44:45 CEST 2018

Thanks for your reply.

Yes that does work, but as you said it's not very practical for many surfaces.

Is there a way to remove physical tags from surfaces (using the python API)?

My problem is that I have potentially many surfaces, the plan is to create a watertight 2d surface mesh in gmsh and then export the individual surfaces to individual files (or individual solids in a single file) to remesh it using snappyHexMesh.

I know I could just write the .msh file and code a relatively simple converter from .msh to individual .stl files, but if there is a way to do it with built-in tools, that would be great.