[Gmsh] Structured mesh from Refine by Splitting.

Fabio Naddei fabio.naddei at onera.fr
Fri Oct 26 12:16:48 CEST 2018

Hi all,

I need to perform some operations on a grid using an external tool. For
this purpose I am generating a block structured grid with the proper use
of geometrical progression, then I need to refine this grid by
splitting. I really need the new grid points to be in the middle of the
previous ones. Then I need to save this grid in the p3d format. When I
export this grid in p3d it completely loses the refinement that I had
already performed. My guess is that the refined information is not added
to the structured information. Is there any way to do this?

An alternative for me would be to be able to generate manually the
progression of points  for the transfinite lines. This would allow me to
apply the proper progression and generate the mid points.

Thanks

Fabio Naddei