[Gmsh] Gmsh-4.0.4 Volume mesh issue

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at uliege.be
Mon Nov 12 15:33:25 CET 2018

Dear Simone,

Indeed, Gmsh 4.0.0 -> 4.0.4 do not have the ability to automatically create hybrid tetrahedral+pyramidal meshes (your surface contains quadrangles).

The latest snapshot (future Gmsh 4.0.5 or Gmsh 4.1) has a new algorithm to generate such meshes, similar but more general to what we did in Gmsh 3. Give it a try and let us know how it works out for you?

Christophe