[Gmsh] Conformal Boundaries for Tetrahedral Meshes

Jonathan Cappola jgcappola at crimson.ua.edu
Wed Jan 23 23:36:47 CET 2019

Hello all,

I've been attempting to generate conformal mesh boundaries for meshes that
are separate yet share a common interface. I've had minor success by
attempting to force the boundary on both meshes to be a Transfinite Line
with shared parameters, however, when I introduce internal hole geometry
within the inner mesh domain I can not get the mesh boundary to be
conformal.

Is there a clever way to attempt to make the boundary interface between two
isolated meshes be conformal and generate an appropriate tetrahedral mesh?

Attached are pictures of the current attempt to generate conformal mesh
interfaces. The domains are separately coloured red and blue with the black
line representing the interface between the meshes.

Thank you,

Jonathan Cappola