[Gmsh] Avoiding duplicate surfaces with OpenCASCADE kernel

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at uliege.be
Mon Mar 4 19:34:47 CET 2019

Hi Daniel,

It's one of the mysteries that we still haven't completely figured out with OpenCASCADE. I believe the issue is linked to our use of BRepBuilderAPI_Sewing to create shells ("surface loops"); but up to now we couldn't figure out how to create shells from surfaces without this, which indeed (sometimes) creates new surfaces...

Any insights from OpenCASCADE folks would be most welcome!

Christophe