[Gmsh] Problems with GUI in compiled version of GMSH

Tiago Silva tfiosilva at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 17:22:17 CET 2019

Hello to everyone,
After experiencing some issues with the gmsh version available in the
Ubuntu repository (18.04), I decided to follow the instructions to compile
the source files available in gitlab.
After cloning the project, I followed the instructions on the gmsh website
and used cmake to compile it.
In order to get the gmsh GUI available, in had previously installed
libflk1.3-dev.
However, when I run gmsh, the GUI opens with a black screen in the graphics
zone.
Simultaneously, the following error messages showed up in the terminal:

"
XRequest.151: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) 0x0
XRequest.151: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 0x0
XRequest.151: GLXBadDrawable 0x3a00006
XRequest.151: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) 0x0
XRequest.151: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) 0x0
XRequest.151: GLXBadDrawable 0x3a00006
"

And every time I pass the pointer in the GUI window I get a new error
message as follows:

"
XRequest.151: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) 0x0
"

I would appreciate any help with this issue.
Sincerely,
--
Tiago FS