[Gmsh] merge several partial meshes to a complete mesh

Johannes_ACKVA johannes.ackva at code-aster.de
Wed Mar 27 12:08:39 CET 2019

hello

(1)

I have several partial meshes in med-format. Is there a way with GMSH to
assemble them to the complete mesh (similar to CODE_ASTER's command
ASSE_MAILLAGE)??

I tried:

gmsh part1.med part2.med part3.med

which seems me the same as doing

gmsh

and then:  Menu - File - Merge..  or:  Menu - File - Open..

The effect is that I have several models in gmsh which I can switch
between using the button at the very bottom left. But they are not
really merged, I need to export  ONE  .med-file containing the union of
all parts

(2)

what is the difference between

Menu - File - Merge..

and

Menu - File - Open..

many thanks for your help,

Regards
Johannes_ACKVA

CODE-ASTER-courses at Ingenieurbüro für Mechanik, Germany

*** CODE-ASTER  INTRODUCTION
     14 - 18 Oct 2019

*** CODE-ASTER  DYNAMIC ANALYSIS
     21 - 22 Nov 2019