[Gmsh] Status of FacesList functionality in Distance function?

Gavin Ridley gavin.keith.ridley at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 19:25:02 CEST 2019

Hi all,

Just wondering, the stable release manual says that Distance.FacesList
functionality performs quite poorly. My experience today fully confirms
that it seems to  just hang up gmsh...

Is this feature being pursued in the development code? I'm curious because
it would be incredibly useful for making mesh boundary layers in 3D meshes.
>From what I can tell, there is no way to make a non-extruded 3D mesh
conveniently without this function, right? If there is another way, I'd
love to hear, but it doesn't seem that BoundaryLayer supports a FacesList
option.

--
Have a nice Sunday,
Gavin Ridley