[Gmsh] Possible Error in Tetrahedral Meshing

Jackman, K, Dr [kjackman@sun.ac.za] kjackman at sun.ac.za
Wed Apr 17 11:27:12 CEST 2019

Dear Christophe,

The advice you gave me in the previous email solved my problem. Thank you.

However, I have noticed a new problem when creating an "internal" surface within a volume. I am using "Line{…} In Surface{…}" to link the lines of an "internal" surface to the boundary surface of a volume. This seems to work fine for most cases, but under certain circumstances the "internal" surface is not properly connected. More specifically, some of the nodes are connected to the triangles of the "internal" surface, but not the tetrahedral mesh.

I have attached the geometry and mesh files, including an image, to demonstrate the problem. Nodes 605, 606, 1067 and 1068 are connected to the "internal" surfaces, but not the tetrahedral mesh.

Hopefully, this is just a simple mistake in my geometry file.

Best regards,
Kyle