[Gmsh] [gmsh] "silly" question

Max Orok morok at mevex.com
Wed May 29 18:08:42 CEST 2019

Hi Alessandro,

The most straightforward way I can think of would be to use a CAD program
to make the 3D letters, export the model as STEP and then mesh that.
Tinkercad is one free option (I think you need to make an account).

There is an interesting script on Prof. Geuzaine's site (upper left corner)
for meshing a picture:
http://www.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~geuzaine/

When I tried to use this script with a picture of text:
[image: image.png]

the result was extremely dense (the mesh lines are so dense they look solid
yellow), so it's not as easy as swapping out the picture, some further
tweaks are required to the background mesh scaling values probably.

[image: image.png]

Sincerely,
Max