[Gmsh] Boundary Layer not starting and ending where I expect

Nathan RICKS Nathan.James.Ricks at vub.be
Tue Jun 4 11:07:33 CEST 2019

Dear gmsh users/developers,

I'm trying to define a boundary layer around an airfoil with a blunt trailing edge - it all goes fine except right at the trailing edge. I want the boundary layer to start and end right at the defining nodes, however it seems to stop 1 cell width early?

I've attached an image and .geo file showing this (ignore the bad sizing in places), where I think what I'm describing is clear.

The NodesList option of the BoundaryLayer field sounded like what I wanted, however it didn't seem to make a difference (gmsh 4.3.0), except change the distribution a bit on the actual trailing edge line.

Do you have any idea what I should change?

Thank you again in advance,
Kind Regards,

Nathan Ricks
Vrije Universiteit Brussel ( VUB )