[Gmsh] (no subject)

Ana Gomes ana.gomes at strath.ac.uk
Thu Jul 25 13:45:30 CEST 2019

Dear Prof. Geuzaine,

I would like to kind ask for support in solving an issue with gmsh.

I am meshing the flowfield for a vehicle, to be used in a viscous simulation. I have build, manually, a hybrid mesh, therefore having a structured part surrounding the vehicle and unstructured for near-field and far-field. Please see the attachments (images and .geo file)

I have number of points prescribed along all the lines. As you can see in the pictures, particularly volume.png and volume2.png, the use of Delaunay algorithm is giving poor results in the volume. When you look at it from -y-axis perspective (volume2.png), it looks good, and this would be my aim for the entire volume.

However, on the inside (volume.png), the elements go very coarse in between regions where the elements are small (the lines where I prescribe the number of points).

I do not understand why the algorithm is coarsening the mesh in that interior region and would like your advice on how to solve this and have the volume consistent with what we see in volume2.png.

Looking forward to a kind response.
Many thanks for your help and support

Best regards
Ana