[Gmsh] R: ellipsoid issue

Peter Johnston p.johnston at griffith.edu.au
Fri Sep 6 04:08:03 CEST 2019

Dear Jeremy and Alessandro,

Thanks for your input. Well, the simple ellipsoid problem seemed to work for me on my mac this morning. It guess it wouldn’t work yesterday after a long afternoon of frustration.

Anyway, I have a more complex example (see attached) that is causing some strange behaviour. When I run the script I get the following warning (see the first log file as well):

Warning : More than two degenerated edges in one model face of an OCC model

I am not sure what is causing this or how to get rid of it. Also, I am not sure if it is a problem or not. I can create the 1D mesh without any problem. However, when creating the 2D mesh, the following lines appear (see full log file for complete print out):

Info    : :-( There are 2 intersections in the 1D mesh (curves 4 12)

Info    : 8-| Splitting those edges and trying again

Info    : :-) All edges recovered after 1 iteration

I am not sure if this is a problem or not. Any thoughts? At this point, I have not completed the final geometry that I want and am concerned these warnings might lead to other problems further down the track.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks again,

Peter.

Associate Professor Peter Johnston (FAustMS, FIMA)
School of Environment and Science
Griffith University | Nathan | QLD 4111 | Technology (N44) Room 3.19
T +61 7 373 57748| F +61 7 373 57656 Email p.johnston at griffith.edu.au
Strangely, it works under 4.4.1 on my linux machine. I'll check the mac version again tomorrow.

Thanks,

T +61 7 373 57748| F +61 7 373 57656 Email p.johnston at griffith.edu.au<mailto:c.l.brown at griffith.edu.au>