[Gmsh] Alternative to Compound Line

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at uliege.be
Fri Oct 18 22:16:44 CEST 2019

> On 18 Oct 2019, at 13:25, Praveen C <cpraveen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear all
>
> I was using “Compound Line” in some cases which is now removed.
>
> My use was something like this
>
> Compound Line(10) = {5,6};
> Compound Line(11) = {7,8};
>
> Transfinite Line{10,11} = na;
>
> and full example is attached.
>
> Now I have to use “Compound Curve” but this does not create a new curve number which I need as in above example.
>
> How I can deal with this situation ?

That's indeed a use-case that the new compound meshing constraints do not cover.

I have just added a new "Compound Spline/BSpline" command so that you can achieve similar results as before; simply by creating a new Spline/BSpline curve based on sampling of the "sub curves":

Compound BSpline(10) = {5,6} Using 100; // 100 intervals on curves 5 and 6 to create control points for the bspline 10
Compound BSpline(11) = {7,8} Using 100;

Give it a try with the latest dev snapshot.

Christophe