[Gmsh] Gmsh API Licensing

Germán Theler gtheler at seamplex.com
Tue Oct 22 12:30:04 CEST 2019

This is my personal response, not the official from the developers of Gmsh.

The Gmsh Python API is a wrapper for the C++ routines which are GPLv2.
Therefore whatever gets linked to libgmsh.so (or .a) as cloned from the
public repository has to be GPL2-compatible. This includes any Python
script. The limit is a fork+exec(), as explained in the GPL FAQ.

I understand that the original developers can give you a copy of the source
code under different licensing terms (and with all GPL dependencies
stripped off).
You should contact them for further clarification.

--
jeremy theler
www.seamplex.com