[Gmsh] Problem creating 3D mesh for geometry with multiple volumes.

Mahesh Prasad Mahesh.Prasad at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Nov 3 13:34:18 CET 2019

Hi gmsh community,

I am trying to mesh my 3D geometry that contains multiple volumes. Each
volume is defined individually in the (.geo) file and the volumes match
along the intersecting surfaces.
Now when I try to mesh this, only the volumes that lie completely inside
the geometry gets meshed. I have attached my (.geo) file in which 54
volumes are defined, and only 19 volumes undergo 3D meshing. Could some
point to what mistake I am making ?

NOTE: After importing this geometry into gmsh, I use "Coherence" to
remove duplicate points lines and surfaces.

Thank you all in advance.

Best Regards
Mahesh