[Gmsh] About *Surface sets in Gmsh - Abaqus

MA Ariza-Gracia miguel.ariza at artorg.unibe.ch
Wed Nov 6 09:02:15 CET 2019

Dear Dr Geuzaine,

enclosed a .zip folder with STLs, .geo files and equivalent (hopefully)
python scripts.

There are 2 folders:

- mesh-not-working: in this example I try to directly merge the STLs in
a closed surface shell. It fails to generate the volume mesh

- mesh-working: in this example the triangulations are 'stitched'
together before generating a single STL (I do it myself by substituting
coincident nodes). This works.

What I don't get is why the first approach is complaining about an
intersection and the second one works fine (I forced the nodes in the
boundary to be the same).

Best,

MA