[Gmsh] Regular mesh only composed by tetrahedra

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at uliege.be
Sat Nov 23 09:50:47 CET 2019

> On 21 Nov 2019, at 19:01, Francisco Pena <fran.pena at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like to generate a regular mesh of a cube composed only by tetrahedra.
>
> When I use Transfinite Volume (see attached file .geo) I end up with a tetrahedral mesh, but the physical entities that define the outer surfaces are applied in triangles that are incompatible with the tetrahedra (see attached file .png).

Indeed, this is a longstanding limitation of the (non-recombined) Transfinite Volume algorithm. We need to fix this... In the meantime, you can

- either use (non-recombined) Extrusion with Layers
- or manually set the interpolation corners in the Transfinite Surfaces (Transfinite Surface{x} = {a,b,c,d};) that do not match, to force the orientation.

Christophe