[Gmsh] Questions about gmsh

David Colignon David.Colignon at uliege.be
Sun Feb 2 11:26:00 CET 2020

http://gmsh.info//doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#What-Gmsh-is-pretty-good-at

import geometries from other CAD software in standard exchange formats. Gmsh uses OpenCASCADE to import such files, including label and color information from STEP and IGES files;

http://gmsh.info//doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#Geometry-module-questions

Can I edit STEP/IGES/BRep models?

Yes: with the OpenCASCADE kernel (SetFactory("OpenCASCADE");), load the file (Merge "file.step"; or ShapeFromFile("file.step");) and add the relevant scripting commands after that to delete parts, create new parts or apply boolean operators. See e.g. demos/boolean/import.geo.

D.