[Gmsh] Geo scripts : syntax PointsOf for a Curve Loop

Don Van Kerkhoven donvk at distributel.net
Mon Feb 24 15:10:22 CET 2020

Thanks Christophe.

I used your suggestion.

bw
Don

-----Original Message-----
From: Christophe Geuzaine [mailto:cgeuzaine at uliege.be]
Sent: February-23-20 2:59 PM
To: Don Van Kerkhoven
Cc: gmsh at onelab.info
Subject: Re: [Gmsh] Geo scripts : syntax PointsOf for a Curve Loop

> On 13 Feb 2020, at 21:33, Don Van Kerkhoven <donvk at distributel.net> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Using Gmsh V4.5.2 for on Window7-64pro. I have search the archives and can�t find an example of this.
>
> I have a  Curve Loop and I want to extract the #curves and the list of curves in the loop. Can it be done, and if so, what command / syntax ?

It's currently not supported: "Curve Loops" and "Surface Loops" can not be queried - only point, curves, surfaces and volumes.

As a workaround, use a list to create your curve loop, and use that list instead. If the surface is given to you (e.g. from a STEP file) and you didn't create it explicitly with a curve loop, you can use the "Boundary" operator to extract the curves on its boundary.

Christophe