[Gmsh] gmsh python module

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at uliege.be
Thu Feb 27 06:57:13 CET 2020

Dear Francis,

Setting ENABLE_WRAP_PYTHON=ON will build the Python wrappers of the *private* Gmsh API using swig, i.e. wrap all the development C++ headers. This is for Gmsh developers.

What you want is the stable public Python API. This doesn't require swig: just build the dynamic Gmsh library (ENABLE_BUILD_DYNAMIC=ON) - the gsmh.py file will be installed alongside the .so/.dll/.dylib. You can also download the binary SDK from the website: it contains everything you need.

Christophe