[Gmsh] Mesh renumbering to MED format

Miguel Segade miguelrsegade at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 12:05:33 CEST 2020

Hi

I need to do some operations involving meshes in .bdf and .med format.
One problem that I faced was that after exporting a .med file to .bdf a
renumbering was done, but this was solved in this gitlab issue:
https://gitlab.onelab.info/gmsh/gmsh/-/issues/601.

Now I'm facing the opossite problem, I need to export a .bdf file to
.med while mantaining the element numbering scheme. But apparentely,
.med does not allow arbitrary node numbering. Is this correct? If yes,
is there any way to generate a relation table between the two mesh
numbering?

For example, elements 80044, 80054 and 80064 in the .bdf correspond to
1, 2 and 3 in the MED file.

Thanks