[Gmsh] Zero volume tets

Karin&NiKo niko.karin at gmail.com
Tue May 12 11:49:15 CEST 2020

Dear Gmsh Gurus,

I am facing some troubles with a brep CAD I am trying to mesh with Gmsh.
If I try the meshing default settings, the mesh is being built and Gmsh is
proud to announce that no illegal tet stand in the mesh. *But* if I simply
run "gmsh -check", Gmsh admits that zero volume tets stay in the mesh. So
it is unusable for computation.
I have succeeded in producing a correct mesh by using the Frontal 3D
algorithm (Mesh.Algorithm3D = 4;).
Perhaps a check of the presence of zero volume elements could be an
interesting enhancement.
You'll find all necessary files in the attached archive.

Regards,
Nicolas