[Gmsh] bad orientation

Jose Juan Alonso del Rosario josejuan.alonso at gm.uca.es
Fri May 15 08:55:49 CEST 2020

Dear Ugis and colleages of GMSH,

Thank you for your suggestions. I have changed the loop orientation of the
upper and lower faces of the pentagon and the whole volumen was meshed (no
hole at the end). In addition the same error still happens.

"read mesh ok 0Mesh3, num Tetra:= 24011, num Vertice:= 5665 num boundary
Triangles:= 6078
Mesh3::meshS, num Triangles:= 6078, num Vertice:= 3039 num boundary Edges:=
354
read mesh ok 0Mesh3, num Tetra:= 24011, num Vertice:= 5665 num boundary
Triangles:= 6078
Mesh3::meshS, num Triangles:= 6078, num Vertice:= 3039 num boundary Edges:=
354
 Bad orientation: The adj border element  defined by [  3 210 ]  is
oriented in the same direction in element 3519 and in the element 367
****** bug in mesh construction? orientation parameter?
S, num Triangles:= 6078, num Vertice:= 3039 num boundary Edges:= 354
 Bad orientation: The adj border element  defined by [  3 210 ]  is
oriented in the same direction in element 3519 and in the element 367
****** bug in mesh construction? orientation parameter? "

This is after several Optimize3D and Optimize 3d with NetGen and reading it
with freefem++

I include the .geo code. It is a thick slice with a pentagonal hole. The
gmsh is now 4.5.6 and the meshing options are MeshAdapt and Frontal. I have
played with the signs of plane surfaces 14 and 15.

Thanks in advance!!!

Jose