[Gmsh] Scaling all the entities of a step file

Zuheyr Alsalihi alsalihi at vki.ac.be
Sat May 23 09:26:24 CEST 2020

Dear Christophe, Dear GMSH users,

I need to create a script, or commandline option to read a step file, and scale the complete model with the purpose of converting the model from mm to m.

I tried to do transform all the geometrical entities with dilate command, save it to a .geo file but run into error message, such as:
Error   : Unknown GEO point with tag 5
Error   : Unknown GEO point with tag 3 ...

practically all points. I attach the step file, the written out incomplete geo file (I used duplicate option), and the errors generated.

I can mesh the step file and generate an STL grid perfectly well.

Many thanks for reading!

Best regards,
Zuheyr