[Gmsh] gmsh 4.5.6: Creating a mesh from .vtk files - Surface is not remeshing but only the Volume

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at uliege.be
Mon Jun 22 18:10:08 CEST 2020

Hi Lisa,

Your script seems quite complicated. Here's a simple one that produces a decent mesh:

Merge "File_1.vtk";
Merge "File_2.vtk";
Merge "File_3.vtk";
Merge "File_4.vtk";
Merge "File_5.vtk";
Merge "File_6.vtk";
Merge "File_7.vtk";

Coherence Mesh; // remove duplicate mesh nodes

ClassifySurfaces{21 * Pi/180, 1, 0 /* or 1 */, 40 * Pi / 180};
CreateGeometry;

Mesh.CharacteristicLengthMax = 10;
Mesh.CharacteristicLengthMin = 0.1;
Mesh.CharacteristicLengthFromCurvature = 1;
Mesh.MinimumElementsPerTwoPi = 20;

s() = Surface{:};
Surface Loop(1) = s();
Volume(1) = 1;

We still need to add some tools to automate the identification of curves/surfaces created by ClassifySurfaces. For now you'll need to tag them manually (or use some geometrical tests, e.g. using the Gmsh API).

Christophe