[Gmsh] parallel meshing?

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at uliege.be
Fri Jul 3 08:20:18 CEST 2020

Dear Sabrina,

Most algorithms in Gmsh are indeed multi-threaded, but not all of them. In particular, in 2D, the experimental "Frontal-Delaunay for Quads" and "Packing of Parallelograms" algorithms are single-threaded: your exceptionally long meshing times maybe indicate that you are using these algorithms to generate quads?

There is active work on improving "Packing of Parallelograms" in the "quadMeshingTools" branch, but it not ready yet for merging in master.

Christophe