[Gmsh] How to avoid creating defaultFaces in gmsh to OpenFoam conversion?

SAHA, SUDIPTA sahas at email.sc.edu
Tue Jul 28 03:33:47 CEST 2020

Hello
I am generating 3D mesh in gmsg from command line in terminal. In the script I am adding following lines for 3D meshing:

Mesh.Algorithm = 2;
Mesh.Algorithm3D = 4;
Mesh.CharacteristicLengthFactor = 0.01;
Mesh 3;
Mesh.MshFileVersion=2.2;
Save "SNF_01.msh";

Now
when I do gmshToFoam, I can see some additional boundary patches are created named as defaultFaces. In constant/polymesh/boundary I can see
defaultFaces
    {
       type            patch;
       nFaces          4682;
        startFace       41763839;
    }

I have run checkMesh utility, at it all seems fine. But OpenFoam does not like this default faces being created. So is there any way I can generate mesh file from gmsh that does not produce defaultFaces when I do mesh conversion in OpenFOAM?

__

Best Regards
Sudipta Saha, MS, EIT
Spent Fuel Modeling Intern, Idaho National Laboratory

PhD Candidate in Mechanical Engineering
Reacting System and Advanced Energy Research Lab
Graduate Council Representative, Graduate Student Association
LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/in/sudipta-saha-usc/> | ResearchGate<https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Sudipta_Saha13> | GoogleScholar<https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=xDVKlBcAAAAJ&hl=en> | Website<https://sudiptasaha.weebly.com/>
[cid:2ce3829a-db49-4151-93c8-2c138965ab56]