[Gmsh] Volume not meshing after adding embedded surface

Fariba Rahman fsrahman at bu.edu
Wed Nov 4 08:22:07 CET 2020

Hi,

I am working on a mesh for a class project where I would like to embed a
rectangular surface ("gate-contact") onto a volume ("AlGaAs Barrier Layer"
= volume 5) directly below this surface. However the rectangular surface
("gate-contact") shares 2 of its edges with the volume below ("AlGaAs
barrier layer").

I am getting an error when I do a 3D mesh, where the top left surface of
the volume ("AlGaAs barrier layer") adjacent to the rectangular surface
("gate-contact") being embedded is not meshing.
I get the following error code: "No elements in volume 5"
Could you advise on how I can fix this to get all of volume 5 to mesh?

Source code attached.
Appreciate your help.

Fariba

[image: image.png]