[Gmsh] Silently created boundary entities

Banks, Stephen (Energy, Clayton North) Stephen.Banks at csiro.au
Mon Dec 14 23:47:38 CET 2020

Hi Christophe,

I found gmsh/model/occ/addSurfaceLoop was still successful with sewing = false after setting Geometry.OCCAutoFix to 0. My surfaces are all created using gmsh/model/occ/addBSplineSurface, with trim wires (gmsh/model/occ/addCurveLoop) created from closed loops in parametric space (i.e. wire3D = false). The segments of the closed loop are gmsh/model/occ/addBSpline curves in parametric space with boundaries that are topologically different, but geometrically identical (to within a tolerance).

On a side note, I'm still investigating the cause before raising an issue, but to let you know, for some cases when I use wire3D = true, I get "Error: OpenCASCADE exception" reported by the Gmsh logger. It's not very descriptive, so intend to play around to try to identify what conditions result in it, unless you are able to shed light?

Best,
Stephen