GetDP

Samuel Kvasnica kvasnica at iaee.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Sep 28 18:08:39 CEST 1999

Hi Christophe,

> > something broken
>
> Yep, but it has been fixed.

Thanks a lot, now it works. I downloaded everything and tried the magnetostatics
example. It looks really
nice. I'd like to ask you few more questions (if you don't mind...):

1. Is it possible to download the whole getdp docs in ps or tex format to print
it ?

2. Is it possible to use r-z (axis symetric) coordinates ?

3. Is it possible to get a table of Br, Bz, (Bphi) values of solution on
equidistant rectangular grid
    (e.g. by interpolation of the nearest values on the mesh)

> > possible - I'd like to decide for ANSYS or your package.
>
> Well, beware that we don't play in the same category. BTW, GMSH can be a

Well, but it seems much more simple to use and it looks like magnetostatics
should
be no problem for getdp.

> good companion to GetDP, but you can really use any mesh-postprocessing
> software you want with GetDP, not only GMSH...

Do you know some good mesh generator for linux (except gmsh) ? What about
the .msh file format, is it supported by other mesh generators ? Is it possible
use other than triangular mesh ?

> > Do you also provide source code ?
> >

> No, we do not provide source code for the moment, but are thinking about
> it for the future.

Have you considered moving the UI from Motif to KDE/Qt ?

Sorry for so many questions, I'm just starting to play with FEM...

Best regards,

Sam

Mag.Samuel Kvasnica
IAEE TU-WIEN
Gusshausstrase 27-29 / 359   email: kvasnica at iaee.tuwien.ac.at
1040 Wien                    tel:   +43-1-58801-35914
Austria                      fax:   +43-1-58801-35997