[Getdp] ... Navier-Stokes in GetDP? ...

Koch, Matt Matt.Koch at axcelis.com
Thu Oct 10 19:30:58 CEST 2002

Hi there:

I have begun to explore GMsh/GetDP. It looks like a VERY powerful tool.
However, I find the variational form troublesome. Is there a way to write
Formulations in direct differential form? Also, has anyone used GetDP to
solve the Navier-Stokes equation? It seems that GetDP was developed for, or
at least, out of an Electro/Magnetodynamic/Electro/Magnetostatic
environment, so the examples are heavily biased toward this subject. I am
also interested in transient thermal applications. The best way to learn for
me is to work with other people's examples? Are there any?

Thanks,

Matt Koch